零 -Rei- random music review time
Ok I just put my iTunes on random and decided to review the first 10 that popped up.
1. Nobodyknows+ “Hero’s Come Back!!” – Well being the opening theme for Naruto: Shippuden, I’m sure this Japanese rock/rap song is being played on the ipods of otaku everywhere. It’s actually quite catchy and has an awesome beat to it.
2. Janne de Arc “Diamond Virgin” – YAY! The first JDA song I ever heard, and frankly its still my favorite. The keyboard playing throughout is just simply wonderful. And the lyrics are sung beautifully. I really can’t think of anything about this song I don’t like. I mean c’mon this is just one amazingly composed song.
3. Vasalla “KA·KU·SE·I” – I honestly don’t know much about Vasalla, just kinda found them floating around the net one day. But wow, the guitars in this song just blow me away. The strength in the riffs are just amazing. Specially when the drummer and guitarist(s?) are copying each other…and the solos…just wow….
4. R’aie “SIN IN BLOOD” – The opening of this song reminds me very much of something like Slipknot or something, but shortly after that it turns into a nice lil “get your aggression out” song. The vocal style stays very screamish, but the music itself transitions from the heavy guitar riffs, double bass drums, thumping bass-lines, to a few melodic areas which is great. When the vocalist actually sings, you realist he actually has a nice voice. Wonderful song.
5. Dir en grey “Raison D’etre” – Lips, Dips, Chains, Whips… Honestly how can anyone not like this song? The song itself is catchy, has catchy lyrics, and one hell of a guitar solo. And with the PV, come on, naked bondage loving Japanese freaky girl, Die in full body leather, Shinya kinda looking like a boy, 薫 with boobs, and Toshiya in a princess crown…. BRILLIANT!
6. ALICE NINE “Kowloon – NINE HEADS RODEO SHOW” – My first and favorite A9 song. I really love the opening guitar with the drums… The video kinda weirds me out though, one minute they’re rocking out in the forest, then poof kinda just being creepy hiding in the shadows of a living room…odd. But damn, this song just rocks my socks.
7. XecsNoin “UNSCARRED” – Another band I really don’t know much about. One thing I do know about them is that their drummer has one hell of a drum set and can work the double bass like nobodies business. The guitar and vocal styles follow closely to that of ’80s hair bands. It rocks
8. Ga♂ru “Vexation Beater” – Aside from the the occasional words, this is mainly an instrumental song. Though the vocalist does throw in a couple weird gurgling sounds here and there. There is some actual singing towards the end. The music itself I find kind of repetitive. Fun for the occasional listen, but not to often.
9. Gengaku Allergy “卐” – not much to say about this really. Just a 45 second instrumental. Really good though.
10. PIERROT “Labyrinth” – Wow I had forgotten about the days before Aiji was in the band, and Kirito was the lead guitarist. The song was from one of PIERROT’s demo tapes so the quality isn’t to great, but that aside, pretty good song. The old vocalist Hidelow, had one amazing range on him (just needed to learn to control it in my opinion). Also Luka, the old drummer was quite impressive as well. Quite an amazing song.
Approved by Rae.